Do I qualify for an ex-parte?


Both parties must be 17 years or older or in an emancipated relationship. You must now be, or formerly have been any of the following: 

  • Dating
  • Have a child in common
  • Living together
  • Married
  • Related by blood or marriage
  • The victim of Abuse: You must have been abused

Having the abusers address or place of employment is also important. For you to obtain a Full Order of Protection the respondent must be served.

Show All Answers

1. Do I qualify for an ex-parte?
2. Where can I file at?
3. How much will this cost?
4. Can I file if I still want the respondent to see his / her children?
5. What are the procedures for filing an ex-parte?