HOW DO I BECOME A EUREKA POLICE OFFICER?
**Immediate Openings Available**
This page provides a variety of resources to assist you in learning about the Eureka Police Department and applying with the Eureka Police Department. For questions related to job opportunities with the Eureka Police Department, please contact our Chief of Police, Mike Wiegand, at 636-938-6606 or by email at email@example.com
THE JOB OF A POLICE OFFICER
The Eureka Police Department is a full service organization with opportunities for individuals who are interested in providing quality law enforcement services to the public. Officers protect life and property through the enforcement of laws and ordinances including the prevention, detection, and investigation of crimes. These positions offer a wide variety of challenging emergency and routine duties including:
- Patrolling a designated sector of the City of Eureka. Eureka Police have jurisdiction in St. Louis and Jefferson Counties and have residential areas and businesses in both counties.
- Responding to a variety of calls for service involving criminal and non-criminal situations and taking necessary police action.
- Preparing police reports.
- Conducting investigations, collecting evidence, and interviewing witnesses/suspects.
- Testifying in Federal, State, and local courts, and in administrative hearings.
- Working in partnership with the community to solve problems.
- Developing relationships with civil groups, schools, businesses, neighborhood organizations, and other law enforcement agencies.
- Representing the police department to other city service areas, elected officials, outside agencies, and to various citizens and citizen groups.
All City of Eureka employees are expected to perform their duties in accordance with the City’s Operating Principles; work and act as a team player in interactions with other city employees; and provide a high level of customer service at all times.