Prosecuting Attorney Procedures
- Attorney call docket begins at 6:30 p.m. on court nights.
- Trial Docket called at 7:00 p.m. Trials will start immediately after the call docket.
Request for Recommendations
Requests for recommendation must be sent by email to the Prosecuting Attorney at firstname.lastname@example.org
Do not e-file a request for recommendation with the Court or mail it to the Court. Due to changes by the Supreme Court to Rule 37.04, requests for recommendations mailed to the court will not be processed by the clerk. It is your responsibility to ensure that an entry of appearance is filed with the court and a separate request for recommendation is emailed to the Prosecuting Attorney.
Requests must include:
- A valid email address (recommendations will not be processed without one);
- A copy of your entry of appearance filed with the court, and the following:
- Copy of the ticket
- Defendant’s name
- Initial court date
- Copy of defendant's record
- On any failure to provide proof of insurance citation, you must provide a letter directly from the insurance company that the defendant was insured on the date of the violation. A copy of an insurance card is not acceptable proof.
- Any relevant documentation that would assist the prosecutor in making a recommendation, i.e. proof of insurance, registration, reinstatement etc.
Attorneys will receive a written recommendation from the prosecutor by email. It is counsel’s responsibility to appear, or obtain a continuance, at each court date regardless of whether you have received a recommendation. It is counsel’s responsibility to notify the defendant of the recommendation. The recommendation will indicate if an appearance is required, otherwise accepted recommendations must be signed by the attorney and client and emailed to the Prosecutor prior to the court date. Plea forms will not be processed if they do not contain all required signatures. If your client is receiving probation or a payment plan, you must also submit the appropriate completed form with your accepted recommendation or it will not be processed.
Discovery in Municipal Court is governed by Rule 37.54. All requests for discovery must be e-filed with the court. You are responsible for obtaining a hearing date for your motion from the Clerk and filing a Notice of Hearing.