Circuit Breaker Program

Qualifying for State Benefits

Citizen may be eligible for up to $750 tax refund or credit if renting, or up to $1,100 if homeowner.

Qualifying Under the Circuit Breaker Program

  • Age 65 or older on or before the last day of the calendar year and a resident for the entire year or;
  • An individual under age 65 who is 100% disabled or;
  • US Veteran who became 100% disabled as a result of such service or;
  • An individual age 60 or older who is receiving surviving spouse Social Security benefits;
  • And you paid real estate taxes or rent on the home you occupied for the year you are filing a claim,
  • And your total household income, including social security benefits (found on line 6 on MO-PTC or Line 8 on MO-PTS, qualifications based on Revised Statutes MO, Section 135.010-135.030), does not exceed:
    • $27,500 if filing status is single or married living separate and rent your home
    • $30,000 if single or married filing separate and own your home
    • $29,500 if married filing joint and rent your home
    • $34,000 if married filing joint and own your home

Am I eligible?

Find out if you are eligible on the state's website.

Qualified Individuals

If you meet the requirements, simply give a copy of MO-PTC Property Tax Credit Claim form to the City of Eureka by April 15 to have utility bill adjusted in May. 


If the resident files a MO-1040, then the City needs a copy of the MO-PTS which would have been attached to the MO-1040.