Schedule of Fines & Costs
Traffic Violations Bureau Fines & Costs
If you receive a complaint about an ordinance violation in the City of Eureka, you may:
- Pay your fine by mail prior to the designated court date if the amount is listed in the fines and cost section.
- Pay your fine in person anytime on weekdays between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM prior to the designated court date at the Eureka Municipal Court.
- Contest the complaint in Court at the address, date and time designated on your ticket.
- The violations bureau is established as a convenience for the public. The bureau is not intended to replace a court appearance for pleas of not guilty.
- If you believe you are not guilty of the charged offense, you should appear in court on the date indicated on your summons. The following fines are effective as of January 2020, and thereafter, until further notice, for tickets issued in The City of Eureka.
- If an accident has resulted from any moving violation, a court appearance is mandatory.
Fines & Costs
The amount of $31.50 in Court Costs is already added to each applicable case. The list below is a short list of violations. Complete list of violations.
|Miles Per Hour Over||Amount Due|
|6 to 10 miles per hour over||$92|
|11 to 15 miles per hour over||$102|
|16 to 29 miles per hour over||$132|
|20 to 25 miles per hour over||$187|
|Traffic Violation||Amount Due|
|Abandoned Vehicle on Right-of-way||$82|
|Disabled Parking Violation||$82|
|Disobeying Electric Signal||$92|
|Disobeying Stop Sign||$92|
|Expired or No Vehicle License Plates||$82|
|Failure to Dim Headlights||$82|
|Failure to Display Inspection||$82|
|Failure to Signal||$92|
|Failure to Yield||$92|
|Following Too Close||$92|
|Improper Lane Use||$92|
|Improper Vehicle Registration||$82|
|No Child Restraint||$50|
|No Child Restraint||$87|
|No Headlights or Taillights||$10|
|Other Parking Violation||$82|
|Passing or Overtaking School Bus||$162|
A court appearance is required for any violation not listed or if involved in an accident. The Eureka Municipal Division accepts cash, check or money order at the payment window. A check or money order is accepted by mail. Make check or money payable to: "City of Eureka". You may use the Plead and Pay feature on Case.net.
Contesting Your Ticket
You may contest your ticket at court on your court date designated on your citation.
Physical & Mailing Address
Eureka Municipal Division
120 City Hall Drive
Eureka, MO 63025