Electrical Permits

The City of Eureka will now be issuing permits for all residential electric work. As was the requirement with St. Louis County’s Department of Public Works, a licensed St. Louis County electrician must apply for the permitted work.

Electrical Tests

In the event that a homeowner wishes to perform any residential electric work on their own residence, an electrical test will be available for the homeowner to take. All electrical work performed must comply with the 2009 International Residential Code, as amended by the City (copies of amendments are on file in the Building Commissioner’s office). If a homeowner wishes to take the test, they may call City Hall at 636-938-5233 and ask to speak to a representative in the Building Department for more details.