Many of you have heard of Pokémon Go, but for those who have not, it is a type of Geo Caching game where you find and capture Pokémon characters at various locations.
If you use this app (or other similar apps) or have children that do we encourage you to do the following:
- Watch out for your surroundings: Look up and be aware of who is around you besides Pokemon
- Parents limit places kids can go: Set boundaries to avoid stranger danger for kids unattended
- Don’t Pokemon Go and drive: Catching Pikachu isn’t worth crashing
- Tell people where you’re going if it is somewhere you’ve never been
- Don’t trespass: People might call the police if you enter private property and your Pokemon can’t help you
- Remember to follow rules in public places such as Eureka City Parks. Parks open at dawn. (Except Kircher Park which opens at 7:00 a.m.) All Parks close at dusk (except West Frisco which closes at 2:00 a.m.) Failing to follow these rules could result in a summons as well as putting your safety at risk.