When should I call Emergency 911?

Call 911 when there is a crime in progress, a fire, a medical emergency, when someone is in physical danger or in other situations in which help is needed immediately.

If I have a problem but it’s not an emergency, whom should I call?

For those situations in which the immediate intervention of emergency personnel is not needed, call 636-938-6600, the 24 hour general information line of the Police Department.  For persons with hearing disabilities, call the TDD line at 636-529-8210.

How can I become more active in programs sponsored by the Eureka Police Department, such as Neighborhood Watch or Police Reserve Unit?

Call the Eureka Police Department and ask to talk to Chief Michael Wiegand at 636-938-6600.

How do I obtain copies of police and accident reports?

If the incident occurred in Eureka, Missouri, contact the Eureka Police Department.  You should know the police report number.  You may obtain the report by mail or in person.  If the accident occurred in unincorporated St. Louis County, contact the St. Louis County Police Department at 314-615-5317 to obtain a copy of the report.

How do I obtain a gun permit?

Go to the Bureau of Central Police Records at St. Louis County Police Headquarters in Clayton or to a St. Louis County Police Precinct station and complete an application.  You will need your Missouri Driver’s License or State I.D. card and your Social Security Card.  If the address listed on your driver’s license is not current, you will be required to provide proof of address such as an utility bill.  After your application has been approved, you will be notified by mail.  Permit fees are $10.00.  For a detailed recorded message on obtaining a gun permit, call 314-615-5317.

Where do I go if I need my police record checked and my fingerprints checked for a potential employer?

Go to the Bureau of Central Police Records at St. Louis County Police Headquarters in Clayton.  You are required to bring your Social Security Card plus one of the following types of identification:  Missouri Driver’s License, State I.D. card, Military I.D. or birth certificate.  For a detailed recorded message on getting a record check, call 314-615-5317.

I’m thinking of moving and would like to know what type and number of crimes occurred in the area.  How can I find out before I make my decision to move?

The Eureka Police Department maintains a breakdown of crime statistics.  Call the Eureka Police Department at 636-938-6600 for details or click on the following link:

Where can I locate a public listing of registered sex offenders?

To view the St. Louis County Public Listing of Registered Sex Offenders, click on the following link:

120 City Hall Drive, Eureka, Missouri 63025
(636) 938-6600,  Fax (636) 938-6602
For Emergencies, Call 911