Reporting Issues with Weeds & Vegetation

All weeds or vegetation which have attained a height of 12 inches or more, growing or existing upon land within the City, with the exception of land used for farming or gardening purposes, are considered a public nuisance and prohibited per Ordinance No. 862. Whenever private property abuts a public right-of-way or easement which consists of a tree, lawn or grassy area between the private property line and the edge of the street pavement, landowners are responsible for maintaining the grassy area up to the edge of the street pavement, as noted in Ordinance No. 993.

To report weed violations, call the Weed Violation Line at 938-5233 (Ext. 120) or email Barb Griffin in the building department.